[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Seagate Quench Gap

Earlier this week I said that I had found a mica supplier in california and
would call them. I did and they make formica. The industrial resource phone
book has a typist that forgot to type "for" in front of the mica!
        oh well:(

>I found mica sheets in the McMaster-Carr catalog.  A 6" x 7" sheet is
>about $11.00.
>Would it be possible to cut your own gasket from this stuff?  I have
>seen mica before, but I have no idea how it can be worked.   Oh, yeah.
> I think those sheets are only .004" thick.  Oh well.  The engine
>gasket materials would probably be the way to go.
>
>Mark

Mark,
        you cleave mica with a sharp edged blade. I've been thinking of a
microtone(sp).

                        jim