[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper & Salt

Hi all,
        Richard writes in reply....

> Copper salts are actually pretty good conductors, that is various
> oxides of copper. NaCl will speed up the surface oxidation of
> copper some, but the overall effect of a wet, salty, solution
> in contact with copper electrodes (even with surface oxidation)
> is pretty conductive to RF.

Just as a matter of curiosity (Richard and anyone else), has anyone
tried using copper (Copper II) sulphate? It's as soluble as NaCl
but I was wondering whether it would make any difference to the
corrosion of the copper pipe?

Thanks in advance,
Malcolm

[ NOTE: CuSO4 (?) is highly corrosive to steel and aluminum.  It will
  replace these metals with a crumbly, granular copper.  It's also
  poisonous to (at least) fish.

  Chip ]