[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bad Day -at- Coil Corral....

Ed,
This transformer is rated 12kv -at- .5a
I have the welder in full shunt (min current).  Don't have any
meters hooked up yet so can't say what the numbers are.
I did open up my gaps (6 tubes = 5 gaps about .020 ea) and now getting
breakout of about 2'.  My gaps are now boxed (crudely but effectivly)
and well vaccumed.  No rotary yet.  My pole pig is in the shed for now.
The problem now is that the sparks are erratic.  When I first turn
on the power, they really crack out but then fade.  I turn the variac
down and then back up, and they come alive again for a second before
fading out.  Sumptin's still outa whack here. (My wife says its me :->

Glenn