[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filtering on Neons

Dave:
	You are correct about the construction techniques needed
to handle high voltage across chokes used to protect neon (or
any other) transformers.  My thought at the moment is to use
long coils on 1/2" by 8" ferrite rods, with lots of turns of
closewound enameled wire.  Think will provide the inductance and
the high voltage insulation, while enough turns will take care
of core saturation.  Have been looking at the local stock here
and intend to give it a try when time permits.  As far as the
voltage is concerned, I think a long winding will work OK, but
want to check it out because ferrite has a very high dielectric
constant and there may be unexpected problems because of that.
Ed Phillips