[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question for Mark B

You wrote:

>Mark,
>
>	I cool photos of your system. Wow!
>
>Did I read correctly that you used a mile of wire in you secondary? That
>suggests a space-wound coil. Is that part of the reason for the extra heavy
>silicone?

The coil is not space wound.  The wire has 40KV silicone insulation and is about
1/4 inch in diameter.  The liquid silicone just fills in the crooks and nannies
and keeps everything in place.

>You mentioned about 50kHz for the top loaded resonant frequency- did you
>get about 70-80kHz for the unloaded coil?

   I believe it was closer to 70KHz.

>Do you have any Q values for this coil?

   150.

>What working k value did you use?

 K = 0.11

>Saw T2 last night, nice arcs, M.

Thanks.  That was done with a small coil (secondary 12x24 inches) at about 3KW.

Zap,
Mark