[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: neon xfrm

 * Carbons Sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting Chip Atkinson:

> |                                             |
> |                                             |
> |     -----------------------------------     |
> |     |                                 |     |
> |     |     OPEN RECTANGLE IN CORE      |     |
> |     |                                 |     |
> |     -----------------------------------     |
> |            STAMPED IRON SHEET               |
> |_____________________________________________|

> I believe that Jefferson Electric transformers are slightly
> different from RQ's drawings in that the coils are mounted on a
> bar that slides into the core from the side like so:

  |       /                            \        |
  |      | x                           x|       |
  |     --\----------------------------/--      |
  |     |                                 |     |
  |     |     OPEN RECTANGLE IN CORE      |     |
  |     |                                 |     |
  |     -----------------------------------     |
  |            STAMPED IRON SHEET               |
  |_____________________________________________|

 > You will have to free the core completely from the box and
 > drive the bar out with a punch at the x's.  Be patient and
 > careful of fingers and coils.  I left the core out in the cold
 > in the winter and used a chisel to chip off the remaining
 > asphalt when it was brittle as glass. Chip

Thanks Chip, my Jefferson Electric neons must be at least 20
years old, if not older. This little tip made it into my NEON.TXT
file.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12