[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TESLAC Program

 MSRP> Hello Mark,
 MSRP> I have version 2.01 of your software.  How does one upgrage to
 MSRP> 2.03? Is it shareware?

 MG> I can send you version 2.03 via the Internet if you like.
 MG> It is freeware.

 MSRP> I would like to see several things in the program:
 MSRP> 1.  Odd number sizes for wire. (I have 10 lbs of #21!)

 MG> I thought about it, but it doesn't change things much from using
 MG> a #20 or #22 gauge in the program.

 MSRP> 2.  Allowance for extended height/diameter ranges (higher and lower),
 MSRP> but with a warning statement that these parameters may result in poor
 MSRP> coil performance.
 MSRP> 3.  Allowance for extended number of turns range, with similar warning
 MSRP> statement.

 MG> I have thought about this also. In fact, I have a personal copy of
 MG> TESLAC that is "opened up" that I have used for some experimental
 MG> calculations. I'll take a look at the program code this week and
 MG> whip up a version 2.04 then if anyone is interested, I'll upload it
 MG> to Chip's list and everybody can have a copy to use or trash, whichever
 MG> they prefer.

 MSRP> I would like to use the program for guidance in constructing
 MSRP> magnifier coil drivers, which have fewer turns and shorter h/d limits
 MSRP> than your program permits.

 MG> It would work for that, but the spark gap section should'nt be
 MG> considered for that type of work.

 MSRP> BTW, does Toledo have an active local tesla coil builders
 MSRP> group? Regards,
 MSRP> Mark

 MG> There is only myself and one other guy in town. But we have not been
 MG> actively building in over a year due to other obligations. I hope
 MG> to get back into it this spring/summer.

 MSRP> Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D., Senior Physicist, Radiology Dept.
 MSRP> The Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
 MSRP> Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University
 MSRP> Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
 MSRP> Voice:216-421-4689  FAX:216-421-5343  E-mail:msr7-at-po.cwru.edu

 MG>               Thanks for your interest,

 MG>                   Mark Graalman  TCBA # 1399
 MG>                   mark.graalman-at-mediccom.norden1-dot-com
 MG>                   compuserve # 71612,1234

 MG>                Packet  WB8JKR -at- W8HHF.#TOL.OH.USA.NA

... Alias, Mark the spark
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12