[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3/4 wavelength secondaries

Hi All you coilers,
>snip>>
>      I think this thread might be blowin' in the wind a bit.
> My original finding was that you cannot make a helical resonator
> resonate at a frequency such that its wire is 1/4 wavelength long at
> that frequency without adding some additional capacitance. I know that
> electrically a bare coil does the full 90 degrees at its natural
> frequency but that ignores the length of the wire used to make it.
> To date I've not been given a single example of a coil which meets
> the f and wirelength conditions without a terminal and can only
> assume that my finding stands. My personal opinion is that it really
> doesn't matter but others may have different views.
>
> Malcolm

This is probably a real dumb one, but what the hey.
Has anyone made a straight wire resonator, or maybe one big single
turn? There must be a half mile of electric fence around someplace.
Of course the opposite would be true if we transmitted wireless power,
a half-wave bridge might look pretty neat in the dark.

I disavow any knowledge of my actions.
dave huffman