[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety FAQ (Electrical Hazards)

Tesla List wrote:

> >From webrand-at-dgs.dgsys-dot-comFri Jul 12 22:02:52 1996
> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 09:23:24 -0400
> From: Wallace Edward Brand <webrand-at-dgs.dgsys-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Safety FAQ (Electrical Hazards)
>
> At 10:25 PM 7/11/96 -0600, you wrote:
> [snip]  Remember, that the old Tesla coil wizard and
> >author, Transtrom was killed doing just such a stunt. [snip]
> >
> >Richard Hull, TCBOR
> >
> Where can one learn more about "Transtrom"?  Wallace Edward Brand

Wallace,

Transtrom was a very early Tesla experimenter/builder and wrote a book
"High Frequency Apparatus", in the 20s I believe.  Lindsay Publications
reprinted it in the late 80s and early 90's. Catalog #20030.

 The information in it is old and out of date.  He was a showman too.  In
his last performance, ever, he was attached to his coil (ala Wysock) and
the curtain came down with a grounded lower bar and the arcs jumped to it
from his body and killed him.  That is the extent of my knowledge in the
matter.  I believe this was mentioned in the TCBA News in a past issue.
To my knowledge he is the only death from Tesla coils in the literature.

Lindsay pubs
1-815-935-5353

Richard Hull, TCBOR