[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

this old tesla coil

Jeff,

I did connect to your web site.  It seems strange that it is upper/lower case
sensitive.  The lower case t in tesla fixed the problem.  Nice web page and
nice project.  This coil should be capable of 10 or 12 foot strikes.  It
looks like you have made good progress so far.  Have you calculated the
resonate frequency of the secondary?  I am curious to see how the capacitor
calculations come out.  I think your present capacitors will be the weak link
in an otherwise strong system.  I would think you will need lower values of
capacitance like from .025 to .05 mfd - and good high current pulse
capacitors designed for AC Tesla coil use.

Ed Sonderman