[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Software

Hi all,

Thanks again for all the input. The Tesla program is getting to a point
where we can start doing some testing, but first I need to refine a few
other things.

Firstly, what is considered the best formula for calculating primary coil
properties. I presume most people are winding flat (or inclined) copper
tubing primaries. I know nothing here will be deadly accurate but must at
least to get into the right ball park.

Secondly, does the formula for calulating capacitance of plat plate caps
work for rolled caps? I seem to remember there being a slight difference.
Does anyone really worry about calculating the capacitance from physical
dimensions before construction or does available material size determine the
size cap to build?

Thanks again,
Graham