[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jeff Parisse's Safety Tips

> 7. Procedure - All clear, plug in, key switch on, coil on, 30 seconds or less, c
> oil off, key
> switch off, plug out, all safe.

	A carry over from my time working on Navy RADAR. I keep a piece
of 1/2" copper pipe with the end of it attached to my ground. This ground
rod is used to touch to the end of the cap i.e., the primary, as my CP
capacitor is alrady crated, after hearing of the mess resulting from
their catasrophic failures. This bit of paranoia obviates mishaps
resulting from inadvertantly detached grounds. ( had my dog trip on it
once, detaching it. Got a small pop that would've been me)

Stan Harle
Alamogordo, NM