[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Skin Effect & Primary Current?

>From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Skin Effect & Primary Current?
>
>Bright blue.
>> Glow discharge regime, not arc! On my rotary, with iron/steel bolts,
>> I'm eroding to gap => arc; maybe this is why I'm having so much
>> problem with "power arcs"?
>
>That could be true, but I guess a more experienced operator would
>know. As far as I know, tungsten carbide is one of the best.
I'm (again) finding that common (at least Top engineering school)
knowledge is failing me here.  Back to basics---

> Thanks for
>the rest of this interesting post. I can see I have some reading to
>do.

I hope you find it less confusing than I did. I'm going to have to go
back to 'first principles' and re-research this over again.

I've got a cold-cathode mercury vapor "neon lamp" from a 19XX's UV
skin treatment device: short UV - UV burns in 10 seconds. I will pull
the spiral quartz tube and measure it's quench time.  Just as soon as
I design a system for ionizing it and then checking it's conductivity
over time.

	jim