[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Coiling Advice

Tesla List wrote:

> >From tahoetom-at-best-dot-comTue Jun 11 21:33:55 1996
> Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 17:40:57 -0700
> From: tom renko <tahoetom-at-best-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Need Coiling Advice
>
>           Hi Guys and Gals............
>
>           I am building my second generation secondary coil. It is a six
>           inch acrylic tube. I will be winding it with 22ga magnet wire.
>           My question is this: Do I need to apply a layer of epoxy on
>           the bare coil form before I begin winding? Any help would be
>           appreciated............
>
>                    Tom Renko......The Amp Man

Tom:
	The acrylic form doesn't need any coating prior to winding the
secondary on it.  I simply wound mine on the form directly and then put
two coats of "Behr Super Build 50" on it, which is a material originally
formulated for giving bar tops a thick clear coating.  It works great if
you can keep the form rotating while it cures, about 24 hours.  Good
Luck!

Chuck Curran