[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solid State - progress.

Paul

>My plan is to use the output of my push-pull transformer to drive
>a tuned (150Khz) L-C filter tied to ground. This L-C circuit will then drive
>the
>primary of my tesla coil magnifier style.

>With the secondary under a load the L will limit the current.
>With no load the Q of the L-C circuit will go high and drive
>the primary voltage through the roof.

Paul could you explain this a bit more fully - I'm using the output
of my push pull transformer to drive my coil as a magnifier.

toroid
-l
 secondary lll primary--- FETs---PWM
-l
Ground

Where does your LC circuit go?

I've been looking at Rob's suggestion for using Schottky
diodes in series with the FET. 10A diodes are cheap,
have a low forward voltage and can handle 200A peak
currents. The low reverse voltage 30-45v doesn't matter
if FET and schottky are in // with a reversed fast
rectifier. Presumably the amount of snubbing can then
be safely reduced.

Alan Sharp UK