[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Coiling Advice

There are two opinions on coating coils.  One camp says "don't even bother".
The other says "coat until the whole thing is smooth".  Both "campers" are
very experienced coilers.  I tend to side with the coat it camp.  The main
reason for this feeling is that I know myself.  I know that I'll eventually
drop the secondary or accidentally hit it with a shovel or something else
in the garage, or whatever.  The coating of epoxy doesn't appear to hinder
the performance, and provides necessary armor for my coils.

Chip