[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC physical construction

I'd like to start a new thread on physical construction rather than
electrical construction.

Tonight I achieved  a 36" arc (straight line, measured) from my toroid
to a grounded discharge electrode. I'm having trouble keeping the arcs
from my primary, spark gap, main caps, bypass caps. I've put a strike
ring above my primary, lowered my bypass caps, covered my main cap
with 0.040" pvc.

I'm still getting strikes to my circuitry. My spark gap is taking most
of the hits through the air vents! I started to raise the base of my
TC from 16" off the ground to 30" (it's sitting on an old coffee table
with screw-in-legs, 16/30 are the only length legs I have) but at 30"
the toroid would be to close to the garage door opener

Any suggestions?
	1. 	move to cheep land/paying job locals;)

	2.	buy surplus military bases;)

	3.	adopt Mark/Richard/Malcolm...et all;)

		running out of room
		jim