[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Coil Electrostatic Charge

Hi Steve,
How has it been goin'?  I hope to see you later this year in our vendor
area, as last year.

Regarding what was is flowing...    Protons really are not free in this
scenario.  A positive charge is usually related to an ionic condition where
there is a missing electron or electrons from an atom's electron cloud.  Too
much energy would have to be aplied to ever have flowing protons.  All
machines be they static or otherwise supply some form of energy to strip
electrons or free them temporarily from local atoms.  This causes a form of
charge separation in which the mobile electrons congregate to form negative
charges and the atoms they once belonged to form a positive charge.

 It is complicated in a wire.  Electrons are not really flowing there
either, but instead, current elements carry the energy in a ripple effect
between conductor atoms.

I would have to look at the Tesla coil as a net source of electrons!  Or at
least, some sort of charge pump.  The analogy to a laser is tempting.  The
laser is a resonant cavity in which light is reflected back and forth to
pump up and cohere the energy with each reflection.  The continous
electrical energy to the gas atoms keep thm emitting and light amplification
occurs.  The same happens in the 1/4 wave resonator of the coil.  The
difference is the high field emmision of electrons.  Key to this process is
the terminal capacitance.  This seems to make an almost apocolyptic
difference in the system and is the emitter window in the Tesla coil/ laser
analogy.   Much more needs to be done in this area before we can say for
sure what really is happening.  The line between classic old electrostatics
and maybe some newer form of dynamic electrostatics is becoming more
apparent.  It ultimately has to do with an attendant magnetic field.
  Classically, if you have the field, then you are back to electrodynamics.
 If you don't, then you are supposedly in electrostatics.  It may be as
simple as anything transfering energy in a dielectric is involved with
electrostatics and once in a conductor, energy transfer goes
electromagnetic.  Traditionally, electrostatic energy has been thought as
merely potential in nature.  It may ultimately work out to that because the
only way we normally utilize energy is after it has entered a metallic
circuit.  Perhaps we need to look to non-metallic or dielectric circuits for
energy production.  We have relied so heavily on the magnetic field in our
"wheelwork" over the past 150 years, it is hard to imagine anything else.

The DC charges we have measured are, thus far, negative as the machine seems
to be sourcing electrons.  The positive ions are slow to travel and
recombine in the air.

Thanks

          Richard Hull, TCBOR
From: tesla
To: 73041.2215; 73663.1536; BrittB7556; JHERRON; JOHNBATES3; abourass;
atech; davide; funkadelic; gpaul; jbiehler; jfalcon; jmonty; kg7bz; logue;
osburnw; pinsky; richardh; rmessick; rnicker; rwstephens; shu95mmc; stevej;
yiorgos
Subject: Re: Secondary Coil Electrostatic Charge
Date: Thursday, March 21, 1996 8:11PM