[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark gap and Tesla Magnifier System

tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:

> >From wl-god-tw-at-society-dot-com Tue Mar 19 01:18 MST 1996
> From: wl-god-tw-at-society-dot-com
> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:11:42 -0500
> Subject: Rotary Spark gap and Tesla Magnifier System
> To: tesla-at-objinc-dot-com
>

> Hi everyone,
>      I was wondering if anyone has any good plans for how to build
>a good rotary gap.  I was thinking about the accuracy it must have
>and thought maybe it was harder than it first appeared.  Any
>suggestions would be welcome.
>      Also, I have been told that it is necessary to build a
>Magnifier system(3 coil) from ground up, not just by mearly adding
>a third coil to a classical system's design.  I haven't really been
>able to find much on this and was wondering if someone could give
>me advice on how to go about building one of these.  My current two
>coil system is nice, but I am really not getting the output I
>desire.  Thanx alot.
>
> Matt Ptak
>
> ---
> Sent via WorldLink on 03/19/96 at 00:12:44.
> From: Tidal Wave BBS
>       Altamont, NY
>       The best around!

Hello Matt:

I don't thinks there are plans currently available for proven rotary
gap designs, or at least none that I have heard about.  I've seen
several photographs where different Tesla Coil builders have put
together their own gaps.  However, I don't think anyone has
completed a set of plans and also tested the design yet.  I would
love to find this out too, since I am in the middle of trying to
complete a design and get the construction part started.  I would
hate to repeat the same mistake that someone else has already made
and learned from!
You also inquired about magnifiers--one thing that caught my eye in
the literature I've collected over the last few months was a set of
tapes made available by:

                        Richard Hull
                        7103 Hermitage Road
                        Richmond, Virginia  23228

He has a catalog that is $3.00 and it has alot of information on
different video tapes relative to Tesla Coil construction and
Magnifier construction.  I am going to be ordering some shortly.  In
the index he lists a brief summary of the contents of 50 different
"Tape Reports"--I see that in tape #19 there is a reference to a
rotary gap complete with "a detailed diagram and explanation of the
new rotary gap is given so that others can build it if they wish"
That might be what would help you.

Good Luck on your project.

Chuck Curran