[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole-pig questions

>I may have found someone that might be able to find me a pole pig. I have a
>couple of questions before I tell him my requirements. First, what would be
>the ideal size to get. I figure on one around 14.4kv, but what wattage?
>Also, would a three phase transformer work if I used just two of the
>windings?
>
>-Jerry

Jerry,

I use a 14.4 KV  5 KVA pole pig.  If I had it to do over, I might have gotten
a 10 kva unit, although I have had it up to 8.5 KVA and it does not even get
warm.  Another question is voltage.  I wish I had a 20 KV, 10KVA pig.  I
don't know if they make them but that is what I would like.  I don't know the
answer to the three phase question.

Ed Sonderman