[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High frequency impedance of a neon sign transformer

A thought on Richard Hull's comments on neon tranny reactance....

> I would suggest an inductive reactance of about 2 times the net secondary
> reactance for protecting the transformer.  Therein comes the rub.  Any
> effective shunting capacitance we might try to add effectively adds to the
> resonant tank.

I think this might not be a problem because at the time the tank is
in action, the spark gap leaves the transformer and any associated
protective components out of the equation. (Y-N)?

Malcolm