[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole-pig questions

>Jerry;
>
>I like a 10 kVA 14400 volt "primary", 120/240 "secondary", two
>bushing, no taps, pig as ideal for the beginning pig coiler.
>These are wonderful units. If you can exactly match this type
>unit please come back to the group and ask for advice as to what
>to settle for, before you settle.
>
>You can have on shipped in the U.S.A. for under $400.00 from T&R.
>
>Richard Quick

I just recieved my first pole pig myself today. It was also from T&R.
It is 15KVA 19.9KV xfmr. I bought it for $395 shipping to Michigan
and a 2 year warrentyincluded.I had also priced a 14.4kv 10kva xfmr
out at $295 including shipping from both Soloman and T&R. I had a
hard time picking which company to choose. Everyone has had
praises for both companies. Chicken of the Sea or Starkist, I just don't
know.
Does anyone else have a comment on the 2 mentioned companies?

It looks beautiful! I can't wait to fire it up, sometime
this summer (procrastination and wifes interruptions figured in).

Richard, I talked to you a while back concerning this subject. You
recommended a 14.4kv instead of 19.9kv because of quenching problems.
I went ahead with the 19.9kv, figureing if you can make it work, I will
eventually be able to also. Plus I am still thinking of using my 50kv xfmrs
eventually, and this will give me practice. I opted for 15kva so that
while I am running at a reduced 14.4kv (using my variac) I will have the
same current available at that voltage as the 10kva xfmr, and when I run
up to 19.9kv I will have plenty of current to to do apple to apple
comparisons.
I think that when I need more power, I will then turn my energies tword
magnifier designs.

          Kevin M. Conkey