[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HV PFC Capacitance ?

Does anyone know what range of capacitance power factor correction
capacitors are as used on HV lines ?  If in the correct capacitance
range, would these be useful as TC caps ? They should handle the
AC current, and may make life a little easier in accumulating parts
for building a coil. If lucky maybe I can get a couple of the newer
film types.
A friend of a friend works for a local power company, and I am
going to try procure a couple of 14.4 pigs and maybe caps. if they
are useful. I haven't seen any values marked on the caps, and don't
want to get any PCB oil types if they won't be useful. Much of the
power around here is being upgraded to higher voltage from 14,400,
this may be an advantage-
What is a reasonable price to pay for a 2 horn 14.4 pig, 7.5-10kva?
I am going to go after a few surplus poles for landscaping purposes
as soon as the snow clears, and might as well pick up a few coiling
items for enjoyment after a long hot day of planting flower beds.
(keep my wife happy, maybe she won't mind me bringing home the pigs
and whatever other junk I find there!)
Thanks,
Brad Alheim N1TLK

... If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12