> >Mfg.# - FE-2500-1201
> >OD - 2.5", ID - 1.22", Width - 1"
> >Color - blue, 0.828 lb
> >Made from "Arnod HA" powdered ferrite
> >Initial Permeability: 60
> >Inductance per 100 turns: 2,032 uH
> >Mean path length: 14.96 cm
> >Cross section: 4.031 sq cm
> >Suitable for low freq choke or noise filter
> >
> >PRICE:  $1.49 ea
>
> I know this has been covered, but I have missplaced (erased?) my read mail.
>
> What was the concensus on how many turns of what size wire was used with
> success??

Here is a previous post I sent.

-------------------------

I have finished making 4 chokes with the Arnold ferrite toroids that
many of us bought.  The are wound with 24 gauge solid insulated hook-up
wire.  There are 2 complete layers of wire.  While I didn't count the
turns exactly, I estimate that there are between 110 and 120 total
turns.  There should be about 65 on the first layer and 50 on the
second.  The measured inductance value for each one is 2.81, 2.83, 2.94
and 3.10 mH.

I intend on putting 2 in series per side of the transformer.  I was
careful to use a lot of tape between layers.  Hopefully the voltage drop
between layers won't cause a burn-out.  If it does, I guess I'll have to
go to teflon insulated wire and a mylar wrap between layers.  I'll keep
everyone posted.

I still haven't put them to the test yet.  Not enough time as of this weekend.
I'll let you know the results.

Scott Myers