[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: relay, etc...

> 	Did he offer an explanation?

No.  He simply stated that it was different and wouldn't work.  This was
at a scrap auction and I could have had it for next to nothing, so in
retrospect, it was probably misjudgement on my part not to say "I  sure
do need a motor starter" and just get it.  Then, if the overload protection
popped it open after running for 20 seconds, I would have only been out
$5 or so without any other damage done, plus I could have probably
sold it at the next hamfest for $10  ;-)

Oh well, live and learn, but I will still keep my eye out for lighting
relays, etc... not motor starting relays.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)