[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Introduction

My name is Tom Apps and I would like to join in with the Tesla group.  I
live in Kelowna, B.C. Canada, work for BCTel (the telephone co.), have
an Electronics Tech. degree and want to build a Tesla coil. Ive been
watching the USA-Tesla service for a while and your group has been
mentioned as a good place.
I would like to start making a coil of substantial size, ( no sense
starting small and having to work up from there), possibly using
multiple neon xformers, or what ever I might find for a power supply.
Pole pigs though are out right now, My wife will freak.
I have a fairly good "home" shop for doing metal, wood, and electrical /
electronics.
I'm looking for good recommendations where to start. A local plastics
supply shop has a selection of 30mil and 60mils rolls of polyethelene
and clear Mylar for the makings of the tank cap. I currently have a 12kv
30ma neon xformer but still looking for more.
Any suggestions are greatfully received.

Tom App :-)