[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC physical construction

>From jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com

>I put in 2 "rafters" between the side supports on the top frame.
>From them I hung my RFI chokes and resistors. I mounted the RFI
>toroid and power resistor on  2" by 12" pieces of acrylic using
>tyraps and hot glue and then bolted the acrylic to the rafter.

I have the impression here that you have located your neon right on
the new cart in that 30" gap.  I have a pole pig that will be
located on its own two feet, so to speak.  I think I will make the
chokes and bypass caps on a separate sheet of acrylic so it can be
moved around if needed.  I will pick a spot as more information
becomes available.

>I've found that 1/2" polyethylene tube works well for insulating my
>1/4" and 3/8" copper tubing that I'm using for connections.

Seems like a good choice--since I have a chunk laying out in the
garage I may need to put it to use.  Nothing else new now, the wife
has me working on that built in book case in our daughters room.
Maybe some progress this weekend.  I still don't have any bypass
caps, I need to find a source for these pretty soon.  I really
haven't looked to hard yet--any ideas?

Chuck