[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arnold Toroidal Ferrite?? Cores

>>From scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com Tue Mar 12 12:46 MST 1996

>Hello All,
>
>Mike McCarty and I got into a long discussion last night concerning
>these Arnold choke cores from Hosfelt electronics.
[ large snip of good analysis]

When I called Arnold last week, all I got was a curt " We haven't made
these since 1991". Thanks for the detective work.

A thought, magnetic are linear until they saturate, at saturation any
additional flux from the RF component will just "leak" away. The
device will not act as an inductor any longer. When the RF is opposed
to the 50/60 hertz mains, the flux from it will subtract, and any
portion below saturation will act as an inductor.

	jim