[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV PFC Capacitance ?

>> Steven...
>> Instead of cutting ect. why not try them in series.  10 units should
>> give you 2.5uF -at- 24KV.  20 = 1.25uF -at- 48KV.  etc...
>
>These little puppies are about 24" wide x 8" deep x 18" high (with the
>high voltage bushings) and weigh about 30 or 40 lb each.  I only have 3
>of them and I don't know if I'll find any more, but getting enough of them
>in series to get me down into the .1 to .05uF range would really put a
>dent in my floor space   :-)
>

>Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)

Ddddduuuugggghhhh.....Open mouth, insert foot.... As I said I've worked
with series caps but NOT at these voltages.  I gotta keep remembering this
stuff is BIG.
Please keep us (me) posted on taking them apart and rewireing them. Should
be a real experience....
Later Dave

depet-at-quicklink-dot-net
David (Dave) Patty

"They copied all they could follow
but they couldn't copy my mind,
so I left them all sweatin' and schemin'
a year and a half behind"......Kipling