[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC physical construction

Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com wrote:

> Chuck,  Sounds like a good set up to me.  Did you say you will
>place nylon between the primary and the plywood?

Ed:
    The primary is already held 3 3/4" above the plywood top sheet
using four 1/2"x4"x15" nylon 101 forms.  The forms are held to the
top sheet using 10-32 nylon bolts.  I read several months ago where
someone in the group milled basically a series of half moon type of
cuts along the top edge to retain the copper tube.  I liked that and
did the same.  I have 1/2" diameter copper tube and I used a 1/2"
end mill and plunged it down through the edge of the nylon resulting
in about 220 degree's of a circle.  That way there is about a .450"
opening and the tube snaps into the cut--works great!

Chuck