[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC physical construction

Hi Chuck,

> I read several months ago where
> someone in the group milled basically a series of half moon type of
> cuts along the top edge to retain the copper tube.  I liked that and
> did the same.  I have 1/2" diameter copper tube and I used a 1/2"
> end mill and plunged it down through the edge of the nylon resulting
> in about 220 degree's of a circle.  That way there is about a .450"
> opening and the tube snaps into the cut--works great!

I too use this snap-in arrangement on acrylic forms.  However, being
without a vertical mill, I had to go about making them a little
differently.  I made the basic forms and C clamped them together.
After center punching the spots where I wanted the holes back from the
edge, I used a small drill press make the holes.  Leaving the forms
clamped together, I then use a belt sander to carefully sand enough
material away from the edge to get the same partial hole.  Its not
as elaborate a set-up as a vertical mill, but the results look as
proffessional.  Practically anyone can make them using this method.

Scott Myers