[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla and Measurements.

tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 20:00:35 +0700, you
wrote:

>>From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz Tue Mar 26 14:12 MST 1996
>From: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>To: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
>Date:          Wed, 27 Mar 1996 08:58:34 +1200
>Subject:       Re: Tesla and Measurements.
>
>Hi all,
>        Firstly, thanks to those taking part in this debate. Apart
>from seeing some of these effects on scoping, I have arrived at my
>conclusions mostly by looking for reasons why and from my knowledge
>of matching in the radio world. If this helps in getting the most out
>of systems that much money and effort has gone into then I am glad.
>
>> How much do you think the primary X matters (from an
>> impedance matching point of view) when K = .2 or less?
>
>To date I have not had the range of components necessary to do
>definitive tests on this. I posted in the hope that others who
>have access to these things might be able to do experiments where
>I am currently in limbo, so any comments I make here have to be
>speculative.

Malcolm,
	It looks interesting, I've not had time to digest it yet. Work
has gone bonkers, and I blew my primary cap the other night. (Some
fool government agency (No-Such-Agency) decided that after a year of
looking at our product, they would like 35,000 - 50,000 units. We are
a small company used to building 500-1000 unit a year! So, We have our
...(insert your favorite saying here))

On an up note, the LCR meter, frequency counter and function generator
that I ordered arrived tonight. I'll check calibration and then be UP
for some serious measurement. JUST ASK.

You sure have created a large response! ATTA-BOY.

	respectfully,

	jim