[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1000 foot sparks?

Tesla List wrote:

> I recently heard on the weekly International Tesla Society radio program
> that there is a fellow out there who claims he will produce 1000 foot
> 'sparks' from a 1/8th scale size setup of Tesla's at Colorado Springs.
> Has anyone heard rumors to this effect, or know who this mystery
> researcher is?"

1000 foot sparks?! I for one find that difficult to to believe, but
seeing would be believing. Perhaps they were off by a factor of 10, 100
foot discharge is believable. I could only imangine the FCC licencing a
damped wave transmitter of such a scale! And building a Faraday cage to
hold such a beast would indead be a feat! But I am naturally a skeptic
and love to be proved wrong, so please post any evidence of such a feat
if anyone has access to such.

David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>