[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tesla Coil Builders of Australia (we are ANTS)

Rod,

> Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 01:01:02 +1000 (EST)
> From: Rodney Davies <rodney-at-johnxt7.anu.edu.au>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: TCBOA - Tesla Coil Builders of Australia
>
> Hi All!
>
> I was wondering if I could please have a response as to which subscribers
> are in Australia?
>
> I'm based in Canberra.... I know of one or two in Brisbane, but don't
> know if they're still on?!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rod
> [ NOTE: Here's what I have:
>  [tesla-at-poodle list]$ grep "\.au" list.official
>  adamant-at-bis-dot-net.au
>  jpeters-at-enterprise.powerup-dot-com.au
>  pxeyoung-at-mailbox.uq.oz.au
>  baronin-at-post.crc.cra-dot-com.au (Nick Baroni, Melbourne, Australia)
>  Rodney%johnxt7-at-Student.anu.edu.au
>  GBaddele-at-vitgssw.ms-mail.telecom-dot-com.au
>  -- Chip]

Nick Baroni and Glenn Baddeley (me) are in Melbourne,
where there are probably about a dozen Tesla fans.
Marcus Young is in Brisbane, and there are a few more there too.
Rod:  There are a couple of coilers in Canberra.
Others are scattered in all the capital cities.

The nearest thing to a Tesla club (?) in Australia is the
Australian Nikola Tesla Society (ANTS for short).
ANTS has been struggling for membership over the last few years
mainly due to geographical problems, the difficultly of keeping
a committee together that has enough time to devote to running
a society, publishing a journal, arranging meetings / displays, and
not having a workshop or regular meeting venue for the club, etc.
Hopefully things will get better.  There is a lot of information,
resources and experience to be shared in Australia.

Interested people can contact me for a flier about ANTS,
there will be a WWW presence announced soon.

Cheers,
Glenn Baddeley <gbaddele-at-vitgssw.telecom-dot-com.au>
ANTS acting National Vice President,
BH +61 3 9253 8072 (time-zone Z+10)
Victoria, Australia

Postal address: