[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Formulas for rolled caps

Quoting Rodney Davies <rodney-at-johnxt7.anu.edu.au>:

> Does anyone (particularly Richard Q, or Richard Hull) have the
> formulas  for calculating the dimensions for rolled capacitors?

> I know the flat plate formulas, just wondering where the rolled
> formulas  are?

Rolled caps use the same formula as flat plate caps, the final
capacitance of the rolled cap is twice as great as a flat plate
cap with the same plate and dielectric area. Use the standard
formula for flat plate caps, multiply your results by two for
rolled caps.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12