[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coupling Experiments

Hello Coilers,
Malcolm Watts stated:
>        Below is a table of dynamic (shunt) resistances measured
>across several primary circuits with different values of coupling to
>the secondary for different values of secondary load (shunt)
>resistance. I examined the system as a coupled black box with the
>primary as one port and the top of the secondary as another.
><snip>>
>Load R ->    o/c    220k     22k    2.2k     220     0    Ohms
>50nF,25uH
>k=0.2         5     266      334    391      394     -  (no change)
<snip>
        I am not clear on the experimental set-up for this set of
measurements. Was this under sparking conditions (damped oscillations), or
were you driving the coil system with a low impedance sine wave generator?
I assume the load resistance is the resistance value placed across the
secondary coil.  Is this correct?  Also, how did you measure the primary
impedance?  Did you retune each experiment for maximum secondary voltage, or
was this fixed as R was varied?
        Most interesting!
Regards,
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.