[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ball Lightning.

Tesla List wrote:

> >From jpbazemo-at-ouray.cudenver.eduThu Oct 31 22:50:32 1996
> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:48:29 -0700 (MST)
> From: "J. Bazemore" <jpbazemo-at-ouray.cudenver.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Ball Lightning.
>
> Has anyone here created ball lightning?
>
> If so, can you do so again, and reliably?
>
> Thanks for your reply.

By Accident,
	My largest coils secondary is wound on a 4.5" PVC pipe sealed
in Polyurethane. Originally I built two for redundency, so both
have the same characteristics. I once attached my backup secondaries
base to the top of my main secondary just to try and grasp the idea
of a magnafier. Well, the sparks from the backup coils discharge
terminal
where pretty wimpy.
	Suddenly, during the experiment, the alligator clip
attached to the base of the backup coil exploded. And the result was
about 5-6 golf ball sized fire things danced around on my concrete
floor for maybe 20 seconds. A word of caution though, I may be
exaggerating
as to the size and duration of the event because it scared the hell out
of me, but the phenomena is real enough. Why it occured is a mystery to
me.
	I don't think I'll try using a magnifier again until I understand
the concept thoroughly.

D. Gowin