[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What efficiency?!

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Hi Bert/interested Others,
I certainly didn't tear one open, although I've been know to rip into
working stuff, and I always open broken things to find out how they work.
Of course once the smoke comes out there is usually not much left.
An engineer I worked for a few years back some how got this information
from the manufacture. If you don't use a core you do get the best rise
times but you don't get much of a signal at low frequency and you need to
calibrate the signal at the frequency of interest. If I remember correctly
these Current Transformers are very flat in terms of 'voltage out' Vs
'current measured' at 20Hz to 100MHz (the one I remember using). I'm
guessing this is one of the things Richard paid big $ for. If you use the
right tape wound material for the low frequency and ferrite for the high
frequency. and get them to cross over the right way without lots of dips
and humps, then you get your engineering/dinking reward for your superior
product. I have nothing to do with this company, I am only impressed with
how good these things work.
Dave Huffman
snip