[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cardboard secondary forms

Cardboard tubes are available under the tradename of "Sonotubes". They
are used as forms for concrete pillars and are available in 8 foot
lengths in diameters  from 6 inches to 24 inches. These inexpensive
tubes are very sturdy and will soak up your favorite resin or other
impregnating medium. They have a clear film on the inside (to give a
smooth finish to the concrete) but this is easily peeled out.
  I have used these tubes in another hobby(amateur telescope building )
and they are nice to work with. I think they would be lighter and less
lossy than PVC pipe. They are available from most building supplies
jobbers.
								Ira