[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vulcan Salvage in CT

Hi all,

I just got back from a short visit to Vulcan Salvage in Stamford CT.  I don't
think there were any coilers in the area when I mentioned this place last
summer, but thought I'd post again in case any of the new list members are in
the vicinity.  Vulcan is a scrap yard  with a huge selection of electronics.  I
did a quick visit this summer, and didn't even get to the second section with
its stacks of 'scopes, motors, "scientific equipment", racks, power equipment,
etc.  This time I could only look around for about an hour, but I did manage to
pick up a pair of big HV vertical post insulators.  Should make nice standoffs
(ala Richard Hull) for magnifier fun.  Some of their items seemed quite
overpriced, for instance a really hefty (120ma?) neon transformer that they
wanted $100 for(!).  However they do have a _lot_ of stuff and the prices on
metal are decent.  They also had a section with some really nice looking
antique meters, decade boxes and stuff.  Anyway, if any of you are ever in
Stamford, check it out.  Next time I visit this place I am going to need the
better part of a day...oh, and maybe a truck!

Vulcan Surplus
60 Taff Ave., Stamford, CT
(203) 357-1720

Charles Brush