[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What efficiency?!

At 05:51 AM 11/1/96 +0000, you wrote:
>From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comThu Oct 31 22:40:51 1996
>Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:46:00 -0800
>From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: What efficiency?!

Big snip ----------------

 I believe would show that we are only putting out about 10-20%
>of our input energy in air heating spark.
>
>Richard Hull, TCBOR

 Richard -

What do you think of the controlled spark length 'CSL'? Refer to my earlier
post. Coilers need some easy way to properly measure spark length to
maintain a level sparking field. The CSL spark takes care of most of the
problems you mention. The 6 KVA coil with no spark would be zero percent
efficient. I agree this coil would need a few adjustments by an expert.

Do you have a better method for measuring the energy output. Forget about
the calorimeter.

Jack C.