[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multi segment single laye

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: multi segment single laye
>
> >From redorman-at-plix-dot-comWed Nov 20 21:00:40 1996
> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 00:13:00 -0800
> From: redorman-at-plix-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: multi segment single laye
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > >From richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.ukTue Nov 19 21:43:22 1996
> > Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 23:10 +0000
> > From: richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.uk
> > To: TESLA-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: multi segment single laye
> >

> > I can't afford to do the same to my RSG which is, by the sounds of
> > things, almost identical to Roberts' , but I can get some tungsten
> > carbide elements to face the s-s rotors and stators with.
> >
> > Does anyone have some specs for bulk resistivity that they can quote for
> > tungsten carbide? I know there are dozens of grades, coatings etc. but
> > an approximate figure will do.

Tungsten carbide is a very effective insulator. It is used as an
abbrasive and protective coating.

  I am assuming you meant elemental tungsten metal (as used in Spark
gaps).  Tungsten is a lousey conductor of electricity, but in the short
stub length we use in Rotary gaps, its resistance is of no concern
whatsoever.

Richard Hull, TCBOR