[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: references/history/aiee/ire/ieee

"        (In these days when IEEE, alone, publishes, what 20 sets of specialize
        proceedings a year, it may be hard to visulaize, but at that time they
        ALL went into TWO volumes (one volume, earlier"

	Not hard for me to visualize.  I've been a member of IRE/IEEE
since 1945, and was also a member of the AIEE which was, in my opinion,
a much more professional organization than either IRE or IEEE, to
which I still belong although somewhat reluctantly.  I can't abide
with a bunch of their social agenda, hate the SPECTRUM, and find what
is left of the Proceedings a pretty pitiful shadow of its former
self, particularly since they deleted the Letters part of it.

	By the way, the IRE was established in 1914.  Some of the
early Proceedings have excellent articles on spark transmitters,
and would be good references for those on this list.  Unfortunately,
the library of my present company thinks the world began about
1980 and has no earlier books, journals, etc.

	I've asked our librarian to check out to see if the
paper was published in the Transactions.
Thanks,
Ed Phillips