[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More real experiments

>Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 01:25:37 -0800
>From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: More real experiments

[snip]
>> Interesting experiment!  Did you try the same msmt at other power levels?
>> I'm curious as to how the arc resistance will vary as the current is increased.
>> On your six-gap tungsten sparkgap, what was the total gap distance?
>>

>The little micro coil that I was using really couldn't handle much more
>powr than I used as it was only 3" diameter by 5" tall.  I hope to try a
>number of additional experiments soon with more variants in it.  The
>total gap of the six gaps was on the order of .018".

Ok I'll bite;)

Richard,
	Given your little micro coil: 3" by 5" tall, how long are it's
sparks.

I'm asking because of several simultaneous events, my 7ish year old
son (and wife ((not size 7 yet;);) ) are making hints about a science
fair project, Skip's temporary small coil restrictions and several of
the coilers on this list are in frozen environments all of which add
up to small coil projects.

	chow,

	jim