[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier system

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comMon Nov 18 21:16:49 1996
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:31:28 -0800
> From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Cc: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Magnifier system
>
> Malcolm,
>
> Well thought out post as usual! Comments are inserted below...

{snip snip]

> Some speculation:
> Once we heavily topload the system, the series RLC model should become
> more accurate in describing internal resonator behavior. As heavy
> top-loading begins to overshadow the effects of coil self-C, the
> resonator begins to behave more as a lumped L. This should more evenly
> distribute the secondary current through the entire length of the
> secondary, resulting in a more linear distribution of voltage from
> bottom to top, and reducing, somewhat, the inter-turn voltage gradient
> at the base.

I think you're absolutely right about this Bert. Some meauremts I did
suggest that the higher frequency resonant modes are suppresed as one adds
capacitance to the top terminal. This is in aggrement with the "helical
resonantor" behavior being supressed in favor of series RLC behavior. And
yes the voltage gradient should be linearized....Now if we could only get
the C's and R's correct under discharge conditions!

-Ed Harris