[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New System, was "Real Data--

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the invite. March sounds like the right time to head for the
Wisconsin north.
I had my first experience with two-part epoxy coating last night. I was
practicing of a smaller secondary (2-3/8" to see how it goes before doing
my 8" coil. One big mistake was the speed of my jig. I now have a work
bench with lots of splatters. 200 RPM is way to fast! The other problem I
had was the small motor overheated and thermally shut down after about 5
min. I had to turn the whole thing by hand every 10-15 min. :(
This morning things look pretty good, a little sagging but the heavy
coating sure does look great!
How thick do you think your two coats came out?
Dave Huffman