[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spice simulation pictures

>Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 06:42:00 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil
>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures

[snip to save chip;)   ]

> The circuit is
>a guesstimation of a model of a neon sigh transformer
>(15000V, 60mA) based on measurements which are tenuous
>as the RLC meter goes beserk on the secondary from
>too much inductance.
Barry,

My Leader LCR bridge just sits there with the null meter oscillating
about 0 with a 2-3 Hz frequency when I try this;)  I've given up
trying to get a null;(

>The spark gap is experimental.  It has worked so far
>on all of my other tests.
Check out my ftp site:  ftp://ftp.bdt-dot-com/home/jim.fosse/sgap.lib

sgap.lib is a spice model of 3 different types of spark gaps developed
by a German professor that he sent me last year.

>  I am not sure how to
>implement current limiting on the neons.

Use an inductor in series with the primary that limits the secondary
current to the value provided by the neon.  That is what the magnetic
shunts in the neon do, they decouple the primary from the secondary so
that the primary looks like part inductance and part transformer.

	Regards,

	jim