[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Static Gap Stains -Reply

Further to Bobs remarks on the stains in his static gap system. I
have just returned to University and I am starting my
dissertation on the environmental and health effects of PVC in
cabling systems. After a literature search, I have discovered
that PVC readily produces dioxins (extremely toxic, carcinogenic
and mutagenic substances) when burned. The reaction is also
catalysed by the presence of copper. I would be very wary of
assuming that these stains are harmless. PVC is a nasty
substance, despite industry claims to the opposite, and I reckon
you've got all the ingredients for a dioxin production device in
a PVC housed static gap.

Yours

steve crawshaw