[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oscillator circuit for solid-state TC

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Tesla List wrote:
>   I hate to butt in but I wonder if you fellas could answer my question?
> Can you wire more than one layer of secondary winding over the primary
> without frying something?

In solid state step-up transformers yes. It will usually put out at most
a few kilovolts. All one needs is to put some insulator between the
layers. Molded/potted transformers would certainly be most reliable
but up to a few kilovolts it is not absolutely needed if one is carefull.

If you were suggesting on multiple layer tesla coil it is not possible.
Or at least insulation problems are very sever. I have heard of no
real success in suah an attempt.
--
We have phone numbers already, why would we need IP-numbers! -unknown person

Harri.Suomalainen-at-hut.fi - PGP key available by fingering haba-at-alpha.hut.fi