>From nntp.hut.fi!news.csc.fi!news.eunet.fi!EU-dot-net!news-peer.gsl-dot-net!news.gsl-dot-net!ix-dot-netcom-dot-com!news Fri Oct 11 14:22:21 1996
From: Michael Ravnitzky <MikeRav-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.electromag
Subject: List of Declassified Govt Reports on Electromagnetic Physics
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 23:02:25 -0600

Do you want to get a list of rare or hard to find technical reports on
electromagnetics, magnetic fields, magnets, magnetism, electrical
fields, EMF, generators, alternators, etc. etc.

I have been studying the release and declassification of Defense
Department technical reports.  It turns out that there are hundreds of
thousands of technical reports in almost every subject area that are
not classified, but are still NOT accessible to civilian researchers.

However, any person can get a complete list of these otherwise
unavailable tech reports for any specific scientific or technical
subject area you want---physical sciences, engineering, biological
sciences, and social sciences.  Simply send a letter of request to
Kelly D. Akers, Freedom of Information Act Manager, Defense Technical
Information Center, Attn:  DTIC-RSM, 8725 John J. Kingman Road, Suite
0944, Fort Belvoir, VA  22060-6128.  You should not need to call, but
just in case, her phone number is 703-767-9194.

In the letter, explain that you would like a complete
computer-generated technical report bibliography for reports
associated with the subjects and keywords  XXXXXXX or YYYYYYY or
ZZZZZZZ.  Select your keywords carefully, no more than one dozen per
request.  Use the word OR between keywords.

Indicate whether you are a for-profit company, or a noncommercial
requester.  Fees are not likely to be more than a couple of dollars,
butindicate in the letter that you will be willing to pay fees up to
$20 without additional permission.  This last sentence is important;
DTIC will not process your request without that statement.

Once you get the list of reports, you can select the ones of greatest
interest or value and ask for those specific reports with another
letter.

Mike Ravnitzky
MikeRav-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com
[quote ends]

Please notice that I don't know the person who posted this
nor if the information is valid but it seems like worth
a try..

Kristian Ukkonen.

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law |